Patna: As the mystery of Sushant Singh Rajput’s death gets murkier with new revelations leaping out of the dark everyday, two probe teams have been trying to get a foot-hold — the Mumbai Police who have been at it for over 45 days and the recent new entrant their Bihar counterparts post July 25.
Allegation were raised that a four-member police team from Patna, which went to Mumbai to probe in to the alleged suicide of the 32-year-old actor who belonged to Bihar’s Purnea, has not been getting cooperation from their Marathi counterparts.
On Saturday, Bihar Director General of Police Gupteshwar Pandey spoke to the media in a bid to calm the atmosphere saying the Mumbai Police is “highly professional” and he hoped to get cooperation from them.
Talking to journalists in Patna, the DGP accepted that though his team was yet to get a hold of the post-mortem report, photo of the crime scene, video and other ‘documents’ but he has full faith that all these will soon be made available to the Bihar team.
The DGP said he is expecting full support from the Maharashtra government and its professional police. Sushant had died on June 14 in his Bandra residence and Mumbai Police is yet to register an FIR. It was on July 25, that the late actor’s father registered the first FIR in the case at Rajiv Nagar police station in Patna.
The Bihar Police chief denied that Mumbai Police misbehaved with the Bihar Police team, a video of which went viral on the social media. The DGP said that there is no such thing. He said that Mumbai Police is “professional” and everyone has high expectations from them.
He said, “The Bihar Police team met DCP Crime in Mumbai and they have assured that they will co-operate. They too are awaiting the decision of the Supreme Court in this case. After that they will give us all the documents. Then we will be able to investigate the matter independently and as I have said earlier that Bihar Police is fully capable of investigating this matter.
Rhea Chakraborty has, however, approached the Supreme Court to shift the case to Mumbai. A decision in this regard is to be made on August 5 in the top court.